Pages

Monday 13 February 2012

Ten Minutes A Day.....

Since my last post I haven't really made as much progress as I would have hoped. My reading has got back on track, thanks to Kate Morton and The Distant Hours and I have scribbled a bit of writing here and there but nothing more. On the bright side, my head is back to being in the right place, I have ideas simmering and words running through my mind all the time again. More importantly, I want to be writing again which was lacking a few weeks ago. With that in mind, I am setting myself a ten minute challenge. Every day I must write for at least ten minutes without fail. The writing can be anything - blogging, reviewing, working on a piece, trying the exercise from Daily Writing Practice or just picking a random object or memory and writing about it. The idea is to worry less about what I am writing and just write! I hope that by making writing part of my daily routine it will encourage me to keep going and hopefully I will improve as a result. So this is todays ten minutes, what will tomorrow bring?

2 comments:

  1. Where have you been Stacey? Don't give up it is possible! You can do it! Encouragement is your word for the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Thank you! I haven't given up, just been a bit distracted! My writing seems to have taken a back seat at the minute, I am just trying to figure out a good 'work-life-writing' balance! Thank you for the encouragement and I promise to try harder!

      Delete