Pages

Sunday 29 January 2012

Lost my mojo....

Well we're not even a month in and I have lost my mojo! I haven't attempted writing anything, or even properly thought about writing in days. It's like my mind has gone to sludge and not a single creative thought is even trying to form. My reading is also off; for every book I've read over the past few weeks, there is a book I've abandoned after not being able to get into. Those that I have read, I haven't read with the same passion and enthusiasm as usual. I thought when I finished C J Sansom's 'Sovereign' yesterday that I had broken this cycle, I really enjoyed following Shardlake on his latest journey, but then I picked up 'Little Monsters' by Charles Lambert. And once again I am ready to abandon another book. For a reason I can't quite put my finger on. All I know is that once again a book isn't working for me and I have no idea what to read next. I feel lost. Have I just had an unfortunate run of bad choices? Or is something off with me? Perhaps its just my annual 'January Blues' and will pass over the next weeks or so. I will be thrilled to see the back of January and my resolution for February is Must Try Harder!

No comments:

Post a Comment